Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gratefulness...

I started wondering at church tonight if I live my life with gratitude. If someone had to describe my life in one word, would they use the word gratitude? It encompasses so much. I think its a lifestyle more than certain word usage. Its more of an attitude than simply saying thanks all of the time. Does God look at my life and think that I am grateful? The Bible says that you will know a tree by its fruit. Do my actions speak louder than my words? Just because I say thank you, do my actions say something else entirely?

Think about it... if we are thankful for all God gives us in life, it means we are content. We don't ask for more unless we believe God wants us to, and we don't think we should have less than God gives us because that would mean we somehow know what we need more than God does. If we are thankful, then His grace, mercy, and sacrifice would be enough. Complete satisfaction in who we are in God, thankful for our bodies, our minds, our gifts and talents. We wouldn't pick ourselves apart, doubt God's will, or try to rush it. We would simply be thankful.

Gratitude is such a heavy word. Its not a quality you can fake as a Christian. As I was wondering tonight, I thought to myself..." If I am truly thankful for the Cross, why do I continually act like its not enough? Because if it was enough, my actions would convey that message." It's easy to say thanks, it's harder to live it.

No comments: