Wednesday, July 9, 2008

That Week in Review Part II

Tuesday- I am having a hard time remembering tuesday. Its all a blur. Michelle took Nyquil the night before and slept the next day until 3 in the afternoon. I discovered that Michelle snores. I can't remember what we did that day...maybe thats the day we watched Lars and the Real Girl. We sat on the couch and Michelle gave me weird looks and made sassy comments. I think deep down she liked the movie...I mean, its got the guy from The Notebook in it! How could you not? Even though he played a socially troubled guy who loves a life size plastic doll in this movie, he will always be "I wrote you 365 letters...and its not over!"...*sigh*. So tuesday was a lazy day...

Wednesday- This was a great day. Michelle and I were able to experience some of my favorite things about Texas, and one thing I had yet to do since moving here. First we ate some lunch at the Salt Lick, my place of occupation. Michelle had an unusual (or maybe not so unusual for her) experience with The Ribs that matched the wierdness of our lunch conversation. We reached new depths in our friendship over those ribs. Next, We drove through Zilker park (which we both loved), its an amazing park in downtown Austin thats so beautiful. We drove around downtown, and on a whim we decided to get out and tour the Capitol Building. I am SO glad we did that. We both loved the building and yet again, Michelle made me do things I didn't want to do. We went down to the creepy basement (where they tuck the house members away) and I hid behind a column and scared the dickens out of michelle. Payback is sweet...so sweet. After we scoured the Capitol and took a boat load of pictures, we headed down to South Congress (or SoCo as us Austinites like to call it) a lovely, eclectic area right out of the downtown area. We stop for cupcakes at Hey Cupcake! and Michelle fell in love....with the cupcake. It was a lovely day.

Thursday- Oh what a day. We both loved and hated this day. It was her last day here and already I was starting to miss her. We headed down to the San Marcos River to tube, and what seemed like a good idea leaded to one crazy and traumatic day. I lost my car keys in the river, after sticking them under my hat (so smart) and then swinging on a tree swing into the river and my hat fell off and the keys disappear into the river. It wasn't until multiple jumps and then five minutes of tubing down the river that I realized I lost them. She was a good distance ahead of me on her tube, and once it dawned on me that I had lost them...the panic ensued. I am yeliing at her to get her attention and once I finally do, must use my best charade skills to let her know what I had done.....
That day Michelle and I's different personalities came through. I think I wouldn't have been so upset as I was if the situation had been different. It happened to be that my dad was conducting very serious business in San Antonio that day and my mom was stressed and running a million errands trying to get everything together to go to Corpus Christi the next morning for my sister-in-laws baby shower. I refused to call either one of them to stop what they are doing, drive home and grab the spare key, and then head down to San Marcos to get it to me. That wasn ot an option. So Michelle is standing on the banks of the river, watching me as I idiotically and frantically ask every single person at the river if they have goggles so I can try to find my keys at the bottom of a murky river and not to mention, a current. Michelle is trying to talk sense into my, trying to be realistic. But I refuse to listen, refuse to give up looking. And then I see a lady with fins and a goggle mask and I sprint over to her to see if I can borrow her mask and instead she volunteers to help me look. Five minutes later, to both the amazement of us both. she finds the keys. I wanted to kiss this lady on both cheeks and give her all my money.
So we try to recover from my stupidity and enjoy the river again, tubing down to the rapids. Where we stupidly go down rapids without our tubes, thinking it was gonna be like a slide at a waterpark (we are both morons)...and we almost drown and die. After that experience we both are reluctant to go near a river...
So we head to WonderWorld after the river, to see the dry-formed cave.Wonder World was not what we expected, the white trash factor was through the roof.But we wanted to go "spelunking", so we deal with the tackiness and the tour guides and enjoyed the cave anyways. Afterwards, we hit up the outlets, do a little birthday shopping, and then grabbed one last dinner at Chuys before going home, exhausted and sad that our visit together was almost over.

Friday- We wake up at 6 am to get Michelle to the airport. It felt a little awkward riding in the car back to the airport, when it felt like I had just picked her up. Its never enough time, but I am so grateful for the time we did have. Before getting out of the car, Michelle gives me a card with a CD in it, and insists I listen to it while driving home. As I pull away from the curb, I "pop in" (hahaha) the CD and cry my eyes out. I love that girl, and it was heartbreaking to let her go. But like I said, the time we had was so much fun and so special...this blog can't even contain it. Even as I write more memories come to mind. Little details I hope my brain will hold onto to forever, because its those things that make life so sweet. And life will continue to be sweet, because we are either coming out of a visit together, or going into one. The time in between is simply counting down the days until we see each other again.

No comments: