Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Heart is Full...

I am having one of those moments where I sit back and think of my life. And how blessed I am, how full my heart feels. Its an inexplicable feeling if joy and contentedness.

My brother is coming home from Afghanistan in about a week and a half, and he is expecting his first child in august. I am so happy to be seeing him, I feel like he and I will be starting a new chapter in our relationship.

I am going to see my sister in law, Melissa, next week for her baby shower. I am glad to finally be spending some real time with her.

My (what could I possibly call her?) best friend and sister Michelle is flying here today and I am just killing time until she gets here and I have her for a week (writing helps me from coming out of my skin with excitement).

I am sitting here with the ability to use my mom's computer and blog, meanwhile listening to the new coldplay cd on my ipod.

I have an amazing family, my sister is my sunshine and she and I are chilling at the house right now.

God has blessed me with a great church since we moved here, and God knew how much I needed a church here, more than anything. And we found that right away.

Through church I have met Jillian, my new friend, and I like her so much. I am almost afraid to tell her how much I like her because I don't want her to think I am a weirdo. But she and I click. I am blessed to have a friend here. And I genuinely think we will be good friends. And we are going to be camp counselors together....fun!

I am really feeling at home here in Texas, thanks to these things. I am believing in God's promises and realizing that God really has the best for those who believe and wait and trust in Him. Isaiah 64:4!!!

So my heart is full..here in this moment I acknowledge God for lavishing His goodness upon me and giving me the life I have. I am truly thankful, there is nothing I could ever do to deserve His grace and blessings.

1 comment:

Jillian Jaresh said...

I so do not think you're a weirdo! I'm super excited about hanging out more and going to camp together. I'm so glad God brought you into my life.