Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who needs a boyfriend when you have best friends?

Is it possible to burst at the seams from love? Sometimes I think it is.I am having one of those moments. My heart is exceedingly blessed. God gives me so much more than I could ever deserve, and so often I stop and think of how loved and showered upon I am.

Right now my bestest friend is chatting politics with my mom. So I bowed out to give them some space, mostly because I love hearing my friend and my mom talk. Its so interesting to sit back and just listen. I get to talk to both of them separately all the time, so I enjoy getting out of the equation and letting them talk with out me in the middle. Its fun to me. It warms my heart.

I feel like I could die tomorrow and my life would have been successful. I have friends that have my back no matter what and know me inside and out. They are my family, and my life is overflowing with joy because of them. They are my lifetime friends, the kind that I will share my nursing home room with, and we will sit around and knit and recall the days we traveled together and the roads we went down (physically and spiritually). We will pull out our photo albums and laptops and check our facebook pages (I like to think we will be cool grandmas).

Between now and that time, I believe we will get married (for the two of us that are single) and share our weddings (Kate, oooh....it will be payback for you, sister). We will vacation together (Disney....always Disney). And we will have families and our kids will grow up together. We are a family, my friends and I, the kind of family that wasn't put together by blood, but chooses to be together in love. I am blessed...I have three sisters. One is biological. Two are just as close. My heart is their heart. Their heart is mine. I have so much gratitude that God put us together....He saw the big picture. He knew the ways we would need each other, even though we didn't necessarily know at the time.

Isn't God wonderful?

My heart is full. I thank God for His goodness.

No comments: