Friday, June 13, 2008

One More Thought...

Just to add to my last post, I think we all want to be prioritized. To feel special in someone's eyes. To be not only needed, but wanted. And I like I said before, people will be able to offer that to us to some extent, but if only God graciously allows them to. People will always disappoint us, and that should be ok. Our reliance isn't upon them. Our reliance upon God is the only way for us to truly pour out to other people, and for them to be able to pour into us. Its sometimes hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that God will never leave or forsake us, He will never fail or disappoint us. And the more we draw from Him, the more we can pour out onto other people, without letting our disappointment in human nature get in the way of what God can accomplish through us. My best friends can't fulfill me, nor should they have to. They are just as human as I am. We are not perfect, but because God lives and works in all of us, we can love each other despite our flaws. In fact, our flaws are an opportunity for us to show each other grace and love. We might drive each other crazy, not understand each other's wacky deeply rooted psychological issues, second guess where we stand with each other, and battle our insecurities while trying to keep our friendship alive.....but who cares? Its a part of life, and you just don't give up on people just because your friendship brings out just how really human you are. You thank God you have these people who love you regardless.
Its that simple.

No comments: