Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Key to Contentment...

Its truly spectacular what I hear from God when I actually let Him talk. When I stop thinking I know the answers and start asking Him what He thinks, I hear more answers and have less confusion. Things are simple when I operate within God's parameters, instead of giving myself the liberty,to think I know better than God. To act outside of what His Word tells me to do...if the Bible says to think upon what is true and real, why do I think I have the option of not listening? My thoughts are under my control, and I surrender them over to God countless times through out the day. The closer I get to Him, the harder the enemy tries to pull me away, but when I am close to God, I am able to detect the enemy's ploys and stop them in their tracks. I can experience freedom in God because He makes the rules and I abide by them, simple as that.

I have tried new things in my relationship with God...instead of waiting for Him to talk to me or rescue me, I reach out to Him and ask Him to help me fight off whatever is pulling me down. I talk to God, and He talks back. I then don't feel so alone, which helps me battle challenges that come my way on a daily basis. And these days, the enemy wants to try and take me down with loneliness, but I refuse to believe I am alone... I am not alone! I have the almighty Creator living in me, and I am His creation. I am a creature, totally dependent upon God's grace to make it through the day. And that's exactly where He wants me, and I have learned true contentment means living in that place of true reliance upon God. Needing Him in every way, not being able to function apart from Him. I find my strength in His strength, my determination draws from His promises.

No comments: